- (uncountable) The act of contradicting.
- His contradiction of the proposal was very interesting.
- (countable) A statement that contradicts itself.
- There is a contradiction in what you say - she can't be both married and single.
- (logic) (countable) A proposition that is false for all values of its variables.
Etymology: From contradictionem, from contradicere.
- French: contradiction
- Italian: contraddizione
- German: Widerspruch
- Spanish: contradicción
(trans-top, proposition that is false for all values of its variables)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for contradiction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.