noun (constanc, ies)
- (uncountable) The quality of being constant; steadiness or faithfulness in action, affections, purpose, etc.
- 1871, w:Charles_Darwin, Charles Darwin, Descent of Man, ch. 7 "On the Races of Man,"
- :Constancy of character is what is chiefly valued and sought for by naturalists.
- (countable) An unchanging quality or characteristic of a person or thing.
- 1602, w:William_Shakespeare, William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well, act 1, sc. 2,
- :younger spirits . . .
- :whose constancies
- :Expire before their fashions.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for constancy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.