- (medicine) A treatment, that doesn't include any operation or intervention.
- 2000, G. Puddu et al., "Achilles Tendon Injuries" in The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine, ISBN 0632037857, page 200:
- "Operative treatment should be reserved for those patients in whom has failed and who are motivated with regard to sports."
- 2006, J. Franke, "Intramedullary Treatment of Humeral Shaft Fractures" in Practice of Intramedullary Locked Nails: New Developments in Techniques and Applications, ISBN 3540253491, page 179:
- " still competes with the operative approach to a much greater degree than is the case for fractures of the long bones of the lower extremity."
- 2007, Thomas E. Hyde and Marianne S. Gengenbach, Conservative Management of Sports Injuries, ISBN 0763732524, page 597:
- "Conservative treatment could also include short-arm casting with the fingers and thumb free for 2-6 weeks. "
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conservative treatment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.