- General agreement among the members of a given group or community, each of which exercises some discretion in decision making and follow-up action.
- A specific method of community decision making where consent by all parties is required.
- Average projected value, as in the finance term consensus forecast.
- (Working definition) The lack of active opposition to a decision among key stakeholders.
Etymology: From consensus
- Dutch: consensus , eensgezindheid, overeenstemming
- French: consensus
- German: Konsens , Einvernehmen
- Italian: consenso
- Spanish: consenso
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for consensus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.