noun (compan, ies)
- A group of individuals with a common purpose, as in a of actors.
- In legal context, an entity that manufactures or sells products (also known as goods), or provides services as a commercial venture. A corporation.
- In non-legal context, any business, without respect to incorporation.
- Social visitors.
- Keep the house clean, I have coming.
- I treasure your .
- A military unit, typically consisting of two or three platoons.
- The Boys in Company C.
- A unit of firefighters and their equipment.
- It took six companies to put out the fire.
- (nautical) The entire crew of a ship.
- (idiom) Nickname for an intelligence service.
- As he had worked for the CIA for over 30 years, he would soon take retirement from the company.
- Dutch: gezelschap
- French: compagnie
- German: Gesellschaft
- Spanish: compania
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for company for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.