verb (inf=to come out, comes out, coming out, came out, come out)
- To be discovered, be revealed.
- It came out that he had been lying all the time.
- To be published, be issued.
- My new book comes out next week.
- (as a debutante) To make a formal debut in society.
- To end up or result.
- There were a lot of problems at the start, but it all came out well in the end.
- (cricket) (of a batsman) To walk onto the field at the beginning of an innings.
- (idiom, informal) To come out of the closet.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for come out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.