- (poetic) America; the United States; an appellation given in honor of Columbus, the discoverer.
- (archaic) The female personification of the USA.
- Shortened form of w:Columbia University, Columbia University.
- The space shuttle Columbia.
- The capital and largest city of South Carolina.
- A city in Missouri
- Dutch: Colombia, Colombií«
- French: Colombie
- German: Kolumbien
- Italian: Colombia
Etymology: From w:Christopher Columbus, Christopher Columbus, discoverer of the Americas.
- Japanese: ã‚³ãƒãƒ³ãƒ“ã‚¢ (Koronbia)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Columbia for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.