- (past of, colour)
- Having a particular :w:colour, colour or kind of colour
- The room was red, with a dark- rug.
- Having prominent colours; colourful
- The singer wore a shirt.
- Influenced pervasively but subtly
- My opinions are by my upbringing.
- (U.S., older usage, now demeaning) Of skin colour other than the white, particularly black.
- Being of an older generation, they considered themselves " ladies"''
- (South Africa, potentially offensive) Of neither black nor white skin colour.
- German: farbig (2)
- Spanish: coloreado
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coloured for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.