- (demeaning or potentially offensive) A colored person.
- (past of, color)
- Having a particular :w:color, color or kind of color.
- The room was red, with a dark- rug.
- Having prominent colors; colorful.
- The singer wore a shirt.
- Influenced pervasively but subtly.
- My opinions are by my upbringing.
- (U.S., older usage, now demeaning) Of skin color other than the white, particularly black.
- Being of an older generation, they considered themselves " ladies"''
- (South Africa, potentially offensive) Of neither black nor white skin color.
- German: farbig (2)
- Spanish: coloreado
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for colored for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.