- A person or thing which collects, or which creates or manages a collection.
- He is an avid of nineteenth-century postage stamps.
- That old piano is just a big dust .
- A person who is employed to collect payments.
- She works for the government as a tax .
- (context, electronics) The amplified terminal on a bipolar junction transistor.
Etymology: English collect< Middle English collecten< colligere ("to gather together", past participle collectus)< com- (together) + legare (to choose)< PIE , "to pick out, select" (Watkins, 1969)
- French: collectionneur(fr)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for collector for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.