noun (wikipedia, coaxial cable)
Translations: (trans-top, coaxial cable)
- Short form of coaxial cable
verb (coaxes, coaxing, coaxed)
- (obsolete) to fondle, kid, pet, tease
- To wheedle, persuade (a person, organisation, animal etc.) gradually or by use of flattery to do something.
- He coaxed the horse gently into the trailer.
- To manipulate carefully into a particular situation or position.
- They coaxed the rope through the pipe.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coax for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.