- (Now chiefly USA) a piece of furniture or cabinet in which clothes or household supplies may be stored.
- a small private chamber
- a toilet; a water closet
- (figuratively) the imagined closet in the phrase skeleton in the closet
- (figuratively) the imagined closet in the phrase in the closet
Translations: Etymology: From closet ((suffix, clos, et))
- The can be a scary place for a gay teenager.
- (colloquial, attributive) in secret
- He's a Republican: he voted for Bush, but won't say so if you ask him.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for closet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.