- (context, metalwork, uncountable) A decorative technique for metalwork, especially brass, whereby colored enamel is baked between raised ridges of the metal.
- Cloisonne is sometimes seen as a cheaper alternative to jewelled encrustation or filigree.
- (context, metalwork) An example of such decorative art, or an object decorated by it.
- ''The museum had a fine collection of medieval Italian .
- exemplary, Exemplary of, decorated by, or evocative of cloisonne work.
Etymology: From French.
- Zoí« wore a pair of earrings she had bought in France.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cloisonne for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.