- The act of clearing or something (such as a space) cleared
- The distance between two moving objects, especially between parts of a machine
- The height or width of a tunnel, bridge or other passage, or the distance between a vehicle and the walls or roof of such passage; a gap, headroom
- permission for a vehicle to proceed, or for a person to travel
- The plane got from air traffic control, and we were off.
- He got to travel to America, even though he had previous links to terrorists
- permission to have access to sensitive or secret documents or other information
- a sale of merchandise at a reduced price
- the processing of cheques at a clearing house
- (medicine) the removal of substances from the blood; renal clearance
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) The act of potting all the remaining balls on a table at one visit.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clearance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.