- being habitually clean, practising good hygiene
- 1653: Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler - I'll now lead you to an honest ale-house, where we shall find a room, lavender in the windows, and twenty ballads stuck about the wall.
- in a clean way
Translations: Etymology: clean + -ly
- Despite travelling for the last week, she was dressed.
- not causing a mess or unnecessary damage
- We agreed to break off our relationship .
- Fortunately, the bullet passed through your shoulder.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cleanly for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.