- A demand of ownership made for something (eg. claim ownership, claim victory)
- A new statement of truth made about something
- A demand of ownership for previously unowned land (eg. in the gold rush, oil rush)
- French: réclamation
- German: Anspruch , Mutung (mining)
- Italian: reclamo di proprietí
- To demand ownership of.
- To state a new fact.
- To demand ownership or right to use for land.
Etymology: From clamer.
- German: beanspruchen
- Italian: reclamare la proprietí , il possesso
to be checked
- Spanish: reclamar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for claim for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.