- (geometry): A two-dimensional geometric figure, a line, consisting of the set of all those points in a plane that are equally distant from another point.
- The set of all points (x, y) such that <math>(x-1)^2 + y^2 = r^2 </math> is a of radius r around the point (1, 0).
- A two-dimensional geometric figure, a disk, consisting of the set of all those points of a plane at a distance less than or equal to a fixed distance from another point.
- Any thin three-dimensional equivalent of the geometric figures.
- Put on your dunce-cap and sit down on that .
- A curve that more or less forms part or all of a circle.
- move in a
- A specific group of persons.
- of friends
- (cricket) A line comprising two semicircles of 30 yds radius centred on the wickets joined by straight lines parallel to the pitch used to enforce field restrictions in a one-day match.
verb (circl, ing)
- Dutch: kring, groep
- French: disque
- German: Zirkel
- Italian: circolo , gruppo
- Spanish: círculo , grupo
- (transitive) To travel around along a curved path.
- (transitive) To surround.
- (transitive) To place or mark a circle around.
- Circle the jobs that you are interested in applying for.
- (intransitive) To travel in circles.
- Vultures circled overhead.
- Dutch: cirkelen
- French: entourer
- German: kreisen
- Italian: ruotare, roteare
- Spanish: moverse en círculo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for circle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.