- (physics) A nuclear reaction in which particles produced by the fission of one atom trigger fissions of other atoms.
- The Manhattan Project produced the first recorded controlled chain reaction.
- (idiom) A series of events, each one causing the next.
- ''The bombs all exploded in a .
- French: réaction en chaí®ne (1,2)
- German: Kettenreaktion (1,2)
- Spanish: reacción en cadena
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chain reaction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.