- annoyance, Annoyance, vexation or discouragement.
- He noted with the mounting pile of unfinished homework.
- distress, Distress of mind, plus a sense of embarrassment. Particularly used in situations which would not cause embarrassment for another person.
- He is from a Welsh family, proudly lives in Wales, and speaks the language fluently. Much to his , though, he was actually born in London.
- Dutch: (t, nl, verdriet, n), (t, nl, ongenoegen, n)
- German: Verdruss(de)m
- (transitive) To bother or vex; to mortify.
- She was chagrined to note that the paint had dried into a blotchy mess.
Etymology: From (term, chagrin, lang=fr, , sorrow).
- Dutch: (t, nl, vervelen), storen(nl)
- German: verdrieíčen(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chagrin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.