- A country in Central Africa. Official name: Republic of Chad.
- (given name, male) from Old English Ceadda, a seventh century saint.
- Dutch: Tsjaad(nl)
- French: Tchad(fr)
- German: Tschad(de)
- Spanish: Chad(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Chad for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
noun (wikipedia, Chad (paper))
- (uncountable) Small pieces of paper punched out from the edges of continuous stationery, punched cards, paper tape etc.
Etymology: Uncertain; predates the Chadless punch (see http://www.snopes.com/business/names/chad.asp the Snopes article on this supposed origin; possibly from (Sco.) Scots, chad, "river gravel", or the English slang term chat, "louse".
- ''This card puncher creates a lot of .
- (countable) One of these pieces of paper.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chad for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.