noun (countable and uncountable; plural cereals)
- (countable) A type of grass (such as wheat, rice or oats) cultivated for its edible grains.
- (uncountable) The grains of such a grass.
- (uncountable) Breakfast cereal; (countable) a particular type of breakfast cereal.
- (uncountable): Would you like some cereal?
- (countable): Which cereal would you like for breakfast?
- French: céréale :fr:céréale, (fr)
- German: Getreide :de:Getreide, (de)
- Spanish: cereal
See breakfast cereal
- The word cereal comes from the ancient Goddess of agriculture, Ceres
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cereal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.