- A component of an electrical battery.
- This MP3 player runs on 2 AAA cells.
- A room in a prison for containing inmates.
- The combatants spent the night in separate cells.
- A room in a monastery for sleeping one person.
- Gregor Mendel must have spent a good amount of time outside of his .
- A small group of people forming part of a larger organization.
- Those three fellows are the local of that organization.
- (meteorology) A small thunderstorm, caused by convection, that forms ahead of a storm front.
- There is a powerful storm headed our way.
- (cytology) The basic unit of a living organism, surrounded by a cell membrane.
- There is a virtual zoo of single organisms living in your mouth.
- (biology) An cavity in a structure such as a honeycomb or ovary.
- The bee filled the with honey.
- (computing) The minimal unit of a cellular automaton that can change state and has an associated behavior.
- The upper right always starts with the color green.
- (communication) A short, fixed-length packet as in Wikipedia:Asynchronous Transfer Mode, asynchronous transfer mode.
- Virtual Channel number 5 received 170 cells.
- (communication) A region of radio reception that is a part of a larger radio network.
- I get good reception in my home because it is near a tower.
- (context, US, informal) A cellular phone.
- (geometry) A three-dimensional facet of a polytope.
Etymology: From (term, cella, lang=la).
- Dutch: cel(nl)f
- French: téléphone portable , téléphone mobile , portable , mobile
- Italian: cellula(it)f
- Spanish: célula(es)f
- German: Handy(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cell for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.