- (colour) a pale green colour or tinted with gray.
- <table><tr><td>celadon colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- CAD8CF?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- A pale green Chinese glaze.
- A ceramic ware with a pale green glaze.
Etymology: Borrowed from the French, celadon is likely to derive from the name of Salah-ed-din (Saladin), Sultan of Egypt, circa 1171. However many dictionaries attribute it to the character named Celadon in the novel "Astree" by Honore d'Urfe. The character always wore pale green ribbons.
- (colour) of a pale green colour tinted with gray.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for celadon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.