noun (plural: ceilings)
- The upper limit of an object or action.
- price ceilings
- The plane or planes that bound the upper limit of a room.
- the dining room had an ornate ceiling
- (aviation) The highest altitude at which an aircraft may fly.
- (mathematics) The smallest integer greater than or equal to a given number.
- the ceiling of 4.5 is 5
Etymology: From French ciel, heaven
- French: plafond
- German: Decke
- Spanish: techo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ceiling for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.