- compact disk: A form of digital media that is based on the use of a laser to read from a plastic disc in a reader device known as a CD drive. It comes in several varieties including the CD-ROM (ROM=read-only memory) which cannot be written to except during manufacturing, the CD-R (recordable), which can be written to exactly once, and the CD-RW (re-writable), which can be written to as many times as one wishes (to a limit).
- Certificate of deposit: used by financial institutions
- Corps diplomatique: a decal found on automobiles to indicate diplomatic status
- Creative director: head of the creative department (e.g. advertising agencies)
- Corporate design: specific design features of a company, corporate identity CI
- Collision detection: used by an Ethernet network to detect when two computers are sending frames at the same time, and also to deal with such collisions when they happen
- circular dichroism
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for CD for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.