Etymology: From (term, catalpa), the people's totem.
- A Native American people formerly inhabiting the Carolinas.
- (countable) A member of this people.
- (uncountable) The language of this people.
- A reddish American dessert grape.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Catawba for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Etymology: Native American
- Common name for the catawba grape, a cultivar of North American vitus labrusca.
- A alternate common name for the various species of catalpa trees.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for catawba for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.