- (uncountable) The chemical element (symbol C) with an atomic number of 6.
- (context, countable, informal) A sheet of carbon paper.
- Make sure the is facing the second sheet of paper, before rolling it into the typewriter.
- (context, countable, informal) A carbon copy.
- A fossil fuel that is made of impure carbon such as coal or charcoal.
- (context, ecology, uncountable) carbon dioxide, Carbon dioxide, in the context of global warming and climate change.
- Dutch: kool
- French: charbon
- German: Kohle
- Italian: carbonio
- Spanish: carbón
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for carbon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.