- (inorganic compound) The normal oxide of carbon, CO2; a colorless, odorless gas formed during respiration and combustion and consumed by plants during photosynthesis.
- Dutch: kooldioxide
- French: anhydride carbonique , dioxyde de carbone , gaz carbonique (i, as a gas)
- German: Kohlenstoffdioxid , Kohlendioxyd (i, obsolete)
- Italian: anidride carbonica , diossido di carbonio
- Spanish: bióxido de carbono, anhídrido carbónico, dióxido de carbono
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for carbon dioxide for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.