- (chemistry) Any binary compound of carbon and a more electropositive element
- (chemistry) The polyatomic ion C22−, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) The monatomic ion C4−, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) A carbon-containing alloy or doping of a metal or semiconductor, such as steel.
- (chemistry) tungsten carbide, Tungsten carbide.
- (cycling) trivial name for calcium carbide (CaC?2), used to produce acetylene in bicycle lamps in the early 1900s.
- Italian: carburo di calcio
- Spanish: carburo de calcio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for carbide for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.