- A strong, large-diameter wire or rope, or something resembling such a rope.
- An assembly of two or more wires which are used for electrical power or data circuits; one or more may be insulated.
- (nautical) A heavy rope or chain used to moor or anchor a ship
- (communications) A system for receiving television or Internet service over coaxial or fibreoptic cables
- I tried to watch the movie last night but my cable was out.
- A telegram
- (finance) in financial markets 'cable' is used to refer to the currency pair Great British Pounds against United States Dollars
- (nautical) A unit of length
verb to cable
- Dutch: kabel
- French: cí¢ble
- German: Kabel
- Italian: cavo
- Spanish: cable
- Spanish, cable
- To send a telegram
- To wrap wires to form a cable
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.