- A person who prepares and sells meat (and sometimes also slaughters the animals).
- A brutal or indiscriminate killer.
- (Cockney rhyming slang, via butcher's hook) A look.
- A person who sells candy, drinks, etc. in theatres, trains, circuses , etc. (old, informal).
- Dutch: slager
- French: boucher
- German: Metzger , Schlachter , Fleischer
- Italian: macellaio
- Spanish: carnicero , carnicera
- (transitive) To slaughter animals and prepare meat for market.
- (transitive) To kill brutally.
- (transitive) To ruin something, often to the point of defamation.
- The band at that bar really butchered "Hotel California".
- Dutch: slachten
- French: abattre
- Italian: rovinare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for butcher for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.