- An instance of, or the act of bursting.
Translations: verb (bursts, bursting, burst, or rarely bursten)
- The bursts of the bombs could be heard miles away.
- (intransitive) To break from internal pressure.
- I blew the balloon up too much, and it .
- (transitive) To cause to burst.
- I the balloon when I blew it up too much.
- Dutch: doen barsten
- German: platzen, zerplatzen, bersten
- Italian: fare, far scoppiare
- Spanish: reventar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for burst for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.