- A male nickname.
- I remember many visits from my uncle Bud.
- (colloquial) A nickname for the beer Budweiser®.
- I'd like a Bud, please.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Bud for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A newly formed leaf or flower that has not yet unfolded.
- After a long, cold winter, the trees finally began to produce buds.
- (slang) Potent cannabis taken from the flowering part of the plant.
- Want to smoke some bud?
- A small rounded body in the process of splitting from an organism, which may grow into a genetically identical new organism.
- In this slide, you can see a yeast cell forming buds.
- (informal) Buddy.
- I like to hang out with my buds on Saturday night.
- A weaned calf in its first year, so called because the horns are then beginning to bud.
verb (bud, d, ing)
- Dutch: knop de
- French: pote
- German: Knospe
- Italian: germoglio , boccio
- Spanish: cogollo
- To form buds.
- The trees are finally starting to bud.
- To reproduce by splitting off buds.
- Yeast reproduces by budding.
- Dutch: ontluiken
- French: bourgeonner
- German: knospen
- Italian: germogliare
- Spanish: florecer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bud for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.