noun (plural bracers)
- That which braces, binds, or makes firm; a band or bandage.
- (archery) A covering to protect the arm of the bowman from the vibration of the string.
- 1786: To prevent the bow string from hanging on the left arm, it is covered with a piece of smooth leather, fastened on the outside of the arm, this is called a bracer. — Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page 34.
- (Armor) Armor for the forearm; a brassart.
- A medicine, as an astringent or a tonic, which gives tension or tone to any part of the body.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bracer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.