- chest, breast; the pectoral muscles and mammae of the human, especially the female human.
- In the book The Scarlet Letter, the protagonist wears a red "A" on her chest, giving the author the excuse to mention her bosom 66 times.
- The buxom wench had an ample bosom.
adjective bosom (no comparative or superlative form)
- Dutch: boezem
- French: Sein
- German: Busen
- Describes a very close relationship.
- bosom buddy, buddies
- German: bosom buddy: der Busenfreund
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bosom for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.