- A narrow ledge or shelf, as along the top or bottom of a slope
- A raised bank or path, especially the bank of a canal opposite the towpath
- A terrace formed by wave action along a beach
- A mound or bank of earth, used especially as a barrier or to provide insulation
- A ledge between the parapet and the moat in a fortification
- A strip of land between a street and sidewalk (regional)
- Spanish: berma
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for berm for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.