- A person whose profession is cutting (usually male) customers" hair and beards.
- Dutch: kapper , haarkapper , coiffeur (Only in Flanders), barbier (deprecated)
- French: coiffeur , coiffeuse
- German: Friseur , Friseurin
- Italian: barbiere
- Spanish: peluquero
- To cut the hair or beard of (a person).
Etymology: From barbour, from barbeor, from barba.
- Dutch: haarknippen, haren knippen, scheren (then it's all cut away, showing only to the skin)
- German: frisieren, Haare schneiden
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for barber for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.