- (obsolete) possessions, Possessions, property, belongings, wealth.
- (dialectal) A work-horse, working ox, or other beast of burden.
- (obsolete) To avouch, prove, or verify; to offer to verify.
- To assert the truth of, to affirm with confidence; to declare in a positive manner.
- 1819 CE: Percy Shelley, Peter Bell the Third
- : The Devil, I safely can , / Has neither hoof, nor tail, nor sting.
- To prove or justify a plea.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aver for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.