noun (auxiliar, ies)
- A person or group that acts in an auxiliary manner.
- A sailing vessel equiped with an engine.
- (grammar) An auxiliary verb.
- helping, Helping; giving assistance or support.
- supplementary, Supplementary or subsidiary.
- held, Held in reserve for exceptional circumstances.
- Of a ship, having both sails and an engine.
- (grammar) Relating to an auxiliary verb.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for auxiliary for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.