- The act of assimilating or the state of being assimilated.
- The metabolic conversion of nutriments into tissue.
- (context, by extension) The absorption of new ideas into an existing cognitive structure.
- (linguistics) The modification of a sound such that it becomes similar to an adjacent sound.
- The adoption, by a minority group, of the customs and attitudes of the dominant culture.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assimilation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.