noun , (''plural of asset)
- (finance) Any property or object of value that one possesses, usually considered as applicable to the payment of one's debts.
- His are much greater than his liabilities.
- Sufficient estate; property sufficient in the hands of an executor or heir to pay the debts or legacy, legacies of the testator or ancestor to satisfy claims against it.
- Any goods or property properly available for the payment of a bankrupt's or a deceased person's obligations or debts.
- Spanish: bien , partida del activo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assets for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.