- A cinema that shows art films and foreign films which are not widely distributed.
- 1953, D. W. Smythe et al., "Portrait of an Art-Theater Audience," The Quarterly of Film Radio and Television, vol. 8, no. 1, p. 28,
- :Practically nothing has yet been reported in detail about audiences who attend the "a relatively new and growing institution on the American cinematic scene.
- (dated) A building or gallery in which works of art are collected, displayed, and offered for sale.
- 1946, "http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,934740,00.html Dutch Bouquet," Time, 16 Dec.,
- :Hitler had "collected" most of the paintings from a Jewish-owned "Goudstikker of Amsterdam.
- French: salle d'art et d'essai
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for art house for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.