- A curve.
- (geometry) A circular arc.
- (geometry) A continuous section of any curve.
- (mathematics) A continuous mapping from a real interval (typically <nowiki>0, 1</nowiki>) into a space.
- (graphtheory) A directed edge.
- (electrical) A flow of current across an insulating medium; especially a hot, luminous discharge between either two electrodes or as lightning
verb (arcs, arcing, arced, arced)
- Dutch: boog
- French: arc de courbe
- German: Bogen , Kurve
- Italian: curva in forma parametrica
Etymology: :from arcFrench, arc
- To move following a curved path
- To form an electrical arc
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for arc for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.