noun (plural: apricots)
- A stone fruit.
- Fruit bearing tree of the species Prunus armeniaca.
- (colour) A pale yellowish-orange colour, like that of an apricot.
- <table><tr><td>apricot colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- F1BA8D?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (sniper slang) the junction of the brain and brain stem on a target, used as an aiming point to ensure a one-shot kill.
adjective ((compar): more apricot, (superl): most apricot)
- Dutch: abrikoos(nl)f
- French: abricot(fr)m
- German: Aprikose , Marille (italbrac, Austria)
- Italian: albicocco(it)m
- Spanish: albaricoque , chabacano (italbrac, Mexico), damasco (italbrac, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay)
Translations: Etymology: Spanish albaricoque, ultimately from (ARchar, ÙÙÙ, ÙÙÙÙ), from Ancient Greek (polytonic, ), probably from praecoquum, variant of praecox literally "early-ripe".
- (colour) of a pale yellowish-orange colour, like that of an apricot.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apricot for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.