noun (pl=apparatuses, pl2=apparatus
- The entirety of means whereby a specific production is made existent or task accomplished.
- A complex machine or instrument.
- An assortment of tools or instruments.
- a bureaucratic organization, especially one influenced by political patronage.
- In the fire service, a vehicle used for emergency response.
(plural of, apparatus)
- Look at all of those apparatus.
Etymology: From Latin, apparÄtus
- Dutch: apparaat
- French: appareil
- German: Apparat
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apparatus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.