- A missionary, or leader of a mission, especially one in the early Christian Church (but see Apostle)
- A pioneer or early advocate of a particular cause
- (1811) (Cambridge) Men who are plucked, refused their degree.
- A method of certifying international documents. See apostil
Etymology: from Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (apostolos), "one sent forth".
- Dutch: apostel
- French: apí´tre (1), apostille (4)
- German: Apostel
- Italian: apostolo (1,2)
- Spanish: apostol
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apostle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.