- A room in a building; a division in a house, separated from others by partitions.
- Dutch: appartement , flat
- French: appartement(fr)m
- German: Wohnung(de)f
- Italian: appartamento(it)m
Etymology: appartement; compare with Italian appartamento, from appartare to separate, set apart; all from Latin ad + pars, partis, part. See Apart.
- Japanese: tr=apÄto(ja, ã¢ãã¼ã)sc=Jpan
- Spanish: apartamento (Colombia, Caribbean Islands, Central America, Uruguay, Venezuela), departamento (Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Peru), piso (Spain)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apartment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.