verb (animat, ing)
- (transitive) To impart motion or the appearance of motion to.
- If we the model, we can see the complexity of the action.
- That which lives.
- Possessing the quality or ability of motion.
- Dynamic, energetic.
- She is an engaging and speaker.
- (context, grammar) having at least one human or animal referent or inflected to agree with a term that has such a referent
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for animate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.