- A person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science as to music or painting; esp. one who cultivates any study or art, from taste or attachment, without pursuing it professionally.
- She is an accomplished woodworker.
- Someone who pursues something part time, as a hobby or not very seriously
- Someone who is inept.
- The entire thing was built by some amateurs with screwdrivers and plywood.
- German: Amateur , Amateurin
- created, done, or populated by a amateurs or non-professionals
Etymology: From amateur, amator lover
- showing a lack of professionalism, experience or talent
- Duct tape is a sure sign of workmanship.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for amateur for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.