- Pleasing, either to the mind or senses; pleasant; grateful; as, agreeable manners or remarks; an agreeable person; fruit agreeable to the taste.
Translations: Etymology: French agréable.
- A train of agreeable reveries. --Goldsmith.
- Willing; ready to agree or consent. Colloq.
- These Frenchmen give unto the said captain of Calais a great sum of money, so that he will be but content and agreeable that they may enter into the said town. --Latimer.
- Agreeing or suitable; conformable; correspondent; concordant; adapted;—followed by to, rarely by with.
- That which is agreeable to the nature of one thing, is many times contrary to the nature of another. --L'Estrange.
- In pursuance, conformity, or accordance;—in this sense used adverbially for agreeably; as, agreeable to the order of the day, the House took up the report.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for agreeable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.